Program Associate for Solar Energy
- Posted 6/13/2019
The Clean Energy States Alliance (CESA) seeks a Program Associate to work on the organization’s solar energy initiatives, with an emphasis on programs aimed at low- and moderate-income (LMI) communities. CESA is a national, nonprofit coalition of public agencies and organizations working together to advance clean energy. CESA members—mostly state agencies—include many of the most innovative, successful, and influential public funders of clean energy initiatives in the country. For more information, see www.cesa.org.
Location: Montpelier, VT
This is a full-time position, with responsibilities commencing immediately upon selection of the most qualified candidate. The position is currently funded for a period of one year.
The Program Associate will carry out research, writing, data collection, and administrative tasks related to CESA’s solar programs. Responsibilities will include:
- Provide information and analysis to support state clean energy programs, particularly in the area of solar energy
- Help manage and prepare progress reports on grants that CESA has received from the US Department of Energy to promote strategies for states to implement solar for LMI communities
- Monitor solar energy market trends and policy developments in order to identify relevant information for state policymakers, agency staff members, and other stakeholders
- Work with state policymakers, energy agency staff members, and representatives of LMI communities to promote and implement desirable solar policies and programs
- Research and draft white papers, short reports, and memos on various clean energy policies and on strategies for states to use public funds effectively to advance clean energy
- Carry out other research, writing, and administrative tasks as necessary.
Desired Qualifications and Experience
- Knowledge of clean energy issues and the types of policies used to advance clean energy at the state level
- Understanding of the solar energy industry and the market for photovoltaic installations
- Understanding of the energy issues facing LMI households and communities
- Strong research skills
- Ability to organize and keep track of detailed information
- Excellent communication and writing skills
- Flexibility, focus, and resilience in the face of competing demands for attention and a rapidly evolving agenda.
Education and Experience
- Three years’ relevant work experience
- Undergraduate college degree
- Either: 1) Master’s degree in a directly related field or 2) Solid work experience in the solar energy industry or on clean energy policy
Occasional domestic travel is required. Business travel typically lasts from two to three days with some weekend travel necessary.
Submit a cover letter, resume, two references, and a writing sample via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. For the email’s subject line, enter “Solar Program Associate.” Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
CESA offers competitive salaries and benefits, including health insurance. CESA is an equal opportunity employer. CESA does not discriminate in hiring or employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, marital or familial status, national origin, ancestry, non-job-related disability, or status as a veteran.