Donate to CESA
States are the driving force behind clean energy progress in the U.S.
The Clean Energy States Alliance (CESA) works directly with states and communities to support collaborative initiatives, develop effective policies and programs, provide technical assistance and analysis, and bring the benefits of clean energy to the people who need it most.
CESA is funded by its members, by foundations, and by the U.S. Department of Energy. But, we could use your help to expand support for state and local efforts to advance markets, to improve access to clean energy technologies in disadvantaged communities, and to promote a just transition to a clean energy future.
If you like the work we're doing, have attended one or more of our free webinars, have benefited from the information that we gather and share, and would like to support our work directly, please consider making a donation!
CESA’s work is essential to the clean energy transition and its impact can be summarized in five sentences.
- Significant progress is being made at the state level in transitioning away from fossil fuels, and CESA is providing essential support services to states that are implementing aggressive clean energy goals.
- With the federal Inflation Reduction Act, states have a unique opportunity to leverage federal funding to expand their programs, and CESA is providing program development support to help them seize this special moment.
- CESA is uniquely positioned to assist states on clean energy policies and programs, with over 20 years of experience and effective strategies for collaborating with state officials in all parts of the country.
- CESA develops and disseminates useful analysis, research, and educational resources to thousands of clean energy stakeholders.
- Donations from individuals are especially valuable to CESA, because they give us flexibility to expand our efforts where they are most needed.
The Clean Energy States Alliance is a 501(c)(3) organization and your contribution is tax deductible to the extent allowed by law. Thank you for your support!
Here is some feedback CESA has received in recent months about our work with states:
“I'm just going to say that your clear guidance on this matter basically saved our application from likely being outright rejected.”
“Your efforts helped our state energy office advocate for the maximum amount of funds for low-income state residents.”
“With a relatively small team, you all are immensely collaborative, creative and offering great impact to states and the wider field.”
Donor Advised Funds
A donor advised fund (DAF) is a charitable giving program that allows you to combine the most favorable tax benefits with the flexibility to support your favorite causes.
If you have a donor advised fund, DAF Direct enables you to recommend grants to the Clean Energy States Alliance directly from your DAF (as long as your DAF’s sponsoring organization is participating).
Use the DAF Direct form at the right to make a donation.
For more information about making a tax-deductible gift to the Clean Energy States Alliance through a DAF, please contact Tony Vargo at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 802-223-2554.