How States Can Use the Activate Fellowship to Accelerate Entrepreneurship
Tuesday, October 24, 2023 @ 1:00 PM - 2:00 PM ET
The Activate Fellowship program pairs science entrepreneurs with partner organizations for a two-year partnership to support innovation in clean energy research and technology. Partner organizations, which have included several state energy agencies, benefit by bringing clean energy innovators into their state, helping to drive clean energy progress and foster economic development. Activate, a nonprofit organization, supports fellows with a full-time living stipend, mentorship, an entrepreneurial education, access to funders and industry experts, and funding to access the facilities they need to turn their research into a first product.
In this webinar hosted by the Clean Energy States Alliance, panelists from the California Energy Commission and the Massachusetts Clean Energy Center will describe their experiences partnering with the Activate Fellowship program.
- Aimee Rose, Executive Managing Director, Activate
- Cortney Newell, Director of Philanthropic Partnerships, Activate
- Anthony Ng, Manager of Energy Deployment and Market Facilitation Office, California Energy Commission
- Leslie Nash, Program Director of Technology-to-Market Programming, Massachusetts Clean Energy Center
- Warren Leon, Executive Director, Clean Energy States Alliance (moderator)