METAP Webinar: Hydrokinetic Testing Needs and Existing US Capabilities
Thursday, September 9, 2010 @ 1:00 PM - 2:30 PM
This webinar, the fifth in a series for the State/Federal Marine Energy Technology Advancement Project (METAP), presents the results of NREL’s MHK testing needs and capabilities assessment. The managers of a few of the existing US test facilities present on their current and planned MHK testing infrastructure and activities in Hawaii, New England and the Northwest. Presenters also discuss opportunities for collaboration and information sharing across test facilities.
- Frederick Driscoll, Senior Engineer, Marine and Hydrokinetic Technologies, National Wind Technology Center, NREL (slides)
- Meleah Ashford, Program Manager, Northwest National Marine Renewable Energy Center, Oregon State University (slides)
- Luis A. Vega, Manager, National Renewable Energy Center, University of Hawaii
- John R. Miller, Director, New England Marine Renewable Energy Center (MREC) (slides)
- Brian Poloagye, Reseach Assistant Professor, Mechanical Engineering, University of Washington (slides)