2016 National Summit on RPS
November 30 - December 1, 2016
The 2016 National Summit on Renewable Portfolio Standards took place on November 30th and December 1st at the Dupont Circle Hotel in Washington, DC. Attending the annual RPS Summit is the best way to learn about developments and trends related to state RPSs and to network with many of the people from across the country who are most engaged in implementing and analyzing state RPSs.
The RPS Summit is hosted by the Clean Energy States Alliance (CESA), with funding support from The Energy Foundation and the U.S. Department of Energy.
As in past years, the first day was open to all individuals interested in RPS issues; the second day was restricted to representatives of state governments and the federal government, so that they could share experiences, ideas, and common problems.
The Summit agenda is available here.
Guest speaker and participant bios are available here.
Presentation slides are available at the links below.
- Galen Barbose, Research Scientist, Electricity Markets and Policy Group, Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory (LBNL) (slides)
The Impact of Energy and Electricity System Trends on RPS Implementation
- Lori Bird, Principal Analyst, Market and Policy Impact Analysis Group, National Renewable Energy Laboratory (NREL) (slides)
- Tanuj Deora, Chief Strategy Officer, Smart Electric Power Alliance (slides)
- Kevin Petak, Vice President, Fuel Markets Analysis, ICF (slides)
Update on the Second Installment of the U.S. DOE Quadrennial Energy Review
- Karen G. Wayland, Senior Advisor for Domestic Energy Policy, Office of the Deputy Secretary, DOE (slides)
RPS Developments and Best Practices
- Doreen Harris, Program Manager, New York State Energy Research and Development Authority (slides)
- Kaitlin Kelly, RPS Program Coordinator, Massachusetts Department of Energy Resources (slides)
Implications of States Reaching their Terminal RPS Target
- Edward Holt, Ed Holt & Associates (slides)
- Katie Trachsel, MIRECS Program Manager, Michigan Public Service Commission (slides)
What RPS Program Managers Should Know about Energy Storage
- Imre Gyuk, Energy Storage Program Manager, Office of Electricity Delivery and Energy Reliability, DOE
- Ed Toppi, Vice President of Integrated Solutions, Customized Energy Solutions (slides)
About the RPS Collaborative
The RPS Collaborative was established to advance dialogue and cooperation among a broad network of government officials, NGO experts, and industry representatives. The RPS Collaborative is managed by the Clean Energy States Alliance. For more information on the RPS Collaborative, please visit our website at www.cesa.org/projects/state-federal-rps-collaborative.
Related Project(s): Renewable Portfolio Standards and the RPS Collaborative