2015 National Summit on RPS
Thursday, November 5, 2015 to Friday, November 6, 2015
This year’s Summit, hosted by the Clean Energy States Alliance (CESA), the Energy Foundation, and the U.S. Department of Energy, took place on Thursday, November 5th and Friday, November 6th.
As in past years, the first day was open to all individuals interested in RPS issues; the second day, November 6th, was restricted to representatives of state governments and the federal government, so that they could share experiences, ideas, and common problems.
An agenda of the 2015 National Summit on RPS is available here.
Presentation slides are available at the links below.
- Galen Barbose, Research Scientist, Electricity Markets and Policy Group, Lawrence Berkeley National Labs (LBNL) (slides)
- Justin Barnes, Director of Research, EQ Research (slides)
Clean Energy Cost and Technology Trends
- David Feldman, Senior Financial Analyst, Strategic Energy Analysis Center, NREL (slides)
- John Marciano, Partner, Chadbourne & Parke LLP (slides)
- Ryan Wiser, Senior Scientist, LBNL (slides)
- Ethan Zindler, Head of Policy Analysis, Bloomberg New Energy Finance (slides)
Why Businesses and Investors Support Renewable Portfolio Standards
RECs and RINs – The RPS Opportunity for Biogenic Carbon
Implications of EPA’s Clean Power Plan for State RPSs
- Ed Holt, Ed Holt and Associates (slides)
- Christopher Sherry, Policy Analyst, Climate Change Division of the Office of Atmospheric Programs, U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (slides)
RPS Developments and Best Practices
- Angela Gould, RPS Verification and Compliance Technical Lead, California Energy Commission: “California’s Newly Enacted 50 Percent RPS”(slides)
- Doreen Harris, Large Scale Renewables Program Manager, NYSERDA: “The Next Phase in the New York RPS”(slides)
- Ronald Jackson, Research Scientist, New Jersey Board of Public Utilities: “The Status of the New Jersey RPS” (slides)
RPS Data Collection and Compliance Reporting Best Practices
- Howard Bernstein, Energy Portfolio Standards Program Manager, Massachusetts Department of Energy Resources (slides)
- Jason Gifford, Senior Director, Sustainable Energy Advantage, LLC (slides)
- Mary Frantz, Senior Program Analyst, WREGIS (slides)
Implications of Solar Investment Tax Credit Reversion for State RPSs
About the State-Federal RPS Collaborative
The State-Federal RPS Collaborative was established to advance dialogue and cooperation among a broad network of government officials, NGO experts, and industry representatives. The State-Federal RPS Collaborative is managed by the Clean Energy States Alliance.