Battery Decommissioning, Recycling, and Reuse
Wednesday, September 20, 2023 @ 1:00 PM - 2:30 PM ET
As the battery storage industry booms across the US, and the earliest generations of lithium-ion batteries approach their end-of-life, it becomes increasingly important to close the loop on the lithium battery life-cycle. This webinar will highlight the latest information on battery decommissioning, recycling, and reuse. Presenters discussed how to plan ahead for battery decommissioning, explained the state of the battery recycling industry, and addressed possibilities for reuse of partly-expended EV batteries in stationary storage applications.
- Dr. Imre Gyuk, US Department of Energy Office of Electricity
- Dan Borneo, Borneo Engineering (formerly of Sandia National Laboratories)
- Jonathan Harter, Oak Ridge National Laboratory
- Jeffrey Spangenberger, Argonne National Laboratory
- Todd Olinsky-Paul, Clean Energy States Alliance (moderator)
This webinar was a presentation of the Energy Storage Technology Advancement Partnership (ESTAP). ESTAP is a federal-state funding and information sharing project that aims to accelerate the deployment of electrical energy storage technologies in the US. ESTAP is funded by the US Department of Energy Office of Electricity under the direction of Dr. Imre Gyuk; managed by Sandia National Laboratories; and administered by the Clean Energy States Alliance.