METAP Webinar: Marine Technology Industry Status Briefing
Wednesday, June 16, 2010 @ 1:00 PM - 2:30 PM
This webinar, the second in a series for CESA’s Marine Energy Technology Advancement Project (METAP), provides an overview of the industry status of marine energy technologies. Speakers discussed the following topics: What affects the cost and performance of marine renewables? How can future costs be reduced to become cost competitive? What are the obstacles to getting projects in the water? What is role of states in advancing the technology?
- Roger Bedard, Consultant, DOE EERE Water Power Program (slides)
- Stephen Wyatt, Technology Acceleration Manager – Marine Energy, UK Carbon Trust (slides)
- Chris Sauer, President and CEO, Ocean Renewable Power Company (slides)
- Martin McAdam, CEO, Aquamarine Power (slides)
- Craig W. Collar, P.E., Senior Engineer, Energy Resource Development, Snohomish PUD (slides)