2020 State Leadership in Clean Energy Awards: Case Studies of Award-Winning Programs that Are Accelerating the Clean Energy Transition
Maria Blais Costello, CESA
This report presents case studies of the six recipients of the 2020 State Leadership in Clean Energy Awards.
The State Leadership in Clean Energy Awards recognize exemplary programs that have accelerated the adoption of clean energy technologies and expanded clean energy markets. State energy agencies and organizations from across the country submitted nominations, and the winning programs were chosen by a panel of distinguished, independent judges. Entries were judged based on public benefits and results, cost effectiveness, leadership and innovation, and replicability.
This report includes case studies on the following award-winning programs:
- The California Energy Commission (CEC)’s Renewable Energy for Agriculture Program (REAP)
- Energy Trust of Oregon’s Inclusive Innovation Project
- Massachusetts Clean Energy Center and Massachusetts Department of Energy Resources’ Mass Solar Loan Program
- Michigan Department of Environment, Great Lakes, and Energy’s Michigan Solar Communities – Low- to Moderate-Income Access Program
- New York State Energy Research and Development Authority’s (NYSERDA) Offshore Wind Program
- Sacramento Municipal Utility District’s (SMUD) Energy StorageShares
Learn more about the 2020 State Leadership in Clean Energy Awards here.