Project Director: Maria Blais Costello
Contact: Maria Blais Costello, Maria@cleanegroup.org
CESA’s State Leadership in Clean Energy (SLICE) Awards recognize state programs that are most effectively accelerating adoption of clean energy technologies. SLICE Award winners have funded and supported innovative programs, established funds that provide critical capital investment for clean energy projects, and have collaborated effectively with industry partners, utility commissions, and local governments, all crucial ways to expand the clean energy market. CESA member organizations from across the U.S. submitted nominations for the SLICE Awards. Winners were chosen by a panel of distinguished judges, including representatives of the U.S. Department of Energy, the National Renewable Energy Lab, the National Conference of State Legislatures Energy Program, DSIRE, the American Wind Energy Association, and the Solar Energy Industries Association.
In addition to a summary report on the winning programs, CESA hosts a series of webinars. See the topics and links to webinar recordings posted below.
In mid-October, Clean Energy States Alliance (CESA) announced seven winners of the 2012 State Leadership in Clean Energy (SLICE) Awards, given to recognize state projects and programs that demonstrate exemplary leadership and innovation in clean energy development.
The 2012 awardees are:
- New York’s Clean Energy Business Incubator Program and On-Site Wind Market Development Program, both administered by the New York State Energy Research and Development Authority (NYSERDA);
- Connecticut’s Clean Energy Finance and Investment Authority’s (CEFIA) CT Solar Lease Program
- Massachusetts Clean Energy Center’s Commonwealth Solar Hot Water Pilot Program
- New Hampshire Public Utilities Commission’s Residential Wood-Pellet Boiler Rebate Program
- Two projects by the California Energy Commission: the University of California, San Diego Microgrid and the Synchrophasor Research and Development Program.
Summaries of the winning programs are presented in a briefing report, "State Leadership in Clean Energy: Seven Exemplary Programs."
2012 SLICE AWARD PROGRAMS WEBCAST RECORDINGS
- NYSERDA small wind and business incubator programs – November 15, 1 p.m. Eastern
- New Hampshire PUC Biomass program – November 19, 2 p.m. Eastern
- California Energy Commission Synchrophasor and Microgrid programs – November 27, 2 p.m. Eastern
- MassCEC Solar Hot Water and CEFIA CT Solar Leasing programs – November 29, 2 p.m. Eastern
The SLICE winners from 2010 are:
Left to Right: Lew Milford (President, CESA); Peter
West (Director of Energy Programs, Energy Trust of
Oregon); Lizzie Rubado (Sr. Renewable Energy
Project Manager, Energy Trust of Oregon); Brian
Turner (Office of former Governor Arnold
Schwarzenegger); Mike Winka (Director, New
Jersey's Clean Energy Program); John O'Donnel
(Director of Federal Affairs, Xcel Energy);
Tim Tutt (Government Affairs Representative,
Sacramento Municipal Utilities District); Pat Cloney
(Executive Director, Massachusetts Clean Energy
Center); Camilla Seth (Board of Directors, CESA);
Anne Margolis ( former Project Associate, CESA);
Mark Sinclair (Executive Director, CESA)