Blog Archive - Warren Leon
An Unexpected Renewable Energy Trend
Over the past three years, numerous news stories have highlighted efforts to roll back state renewable portfolio standards (RPSs), which require electricity suppliers to get an increasing share of their electricity from clean sources. However, most of the significant RPS actions that states have taken have been in the opposite direction.
Alaska Helps Remote Communities Shift to Renewables
Energy is a major concern in rural Alaska. Alaska is investing in renewable energy projects to provide remote communities with more secure and lower-cost energy.
New Mexico Attracts Jobs and Revenues with Renewable Energy Tax Credit
Over the past decade, New Mexico leaders have positioned the state as a major growth area for renewable energy by developing effective policies and programs, along with financial and other incentives, including a state-level renewable energy production tax credit.
Like Federal Renewable Energy Policy, State Policy Is Important and Uncertain
Clean energy advocates have praised the decision in the fiscal cliff legislation to extend important federal energy tax provisions, such as the production tax credit for wind.
New CESA Report – “Designing the Right RPS”
The renewable portfolio standard (RPS) has become the most important policy mechanism for advancing renewable energy in the United States.
Manhattan Institute Flunks Energy Policy 101
Last week, the Manhattan Institute issued a report that pretends to be a serious analysis of the impact of renewable energy on electricity prices.
Fuel Cells for Supermarkets
Supermarkets are turning out to be an important early market for stationary fuel cells.
- « Previous
Browse by Project
- 100% Clean Energy Collaborative
- Building Decarbonization and Clean Heating/Cooling
- Energy Storage Policy for States
- Energy Storage Technology Advancement Partnership
- Interstate Turbine Advisory Council
- Low- and Moderate-Income Clean Energy
- New England Solar Cost-Reduction Partnership
- Offshore Wind – OWAP
- Renewable Portfolio Standards
- Scaling-Up Solar for Under-Resourced Communities
- Solar with Justice: Connecting States and Communities
- State Energy Strategies Project
- State Leadership in Clean Energy
- Sustainable Solar Education Project