Blog Archive - 2017
The Connecticut Green Bank: Innovation in Finance Sparks New Model for Public/Private Investment in Clean Energy
The Harvard Kennedy School’s Ash Center for Democratic Governance and Innovation announced in July that the Connecticut Green Bank had won this year’s Innovations in American Government Award.
As the Clean Energy States Alliance (CESA) celebrates its 15th anniversary, Clean Energy Group looks back on the founding and early years of this important organization.
Many of the initiatives to move our energy system towards clean, renewable power emanate from the state and local levels.
Sterling, Massachusetts is demoing grid 2.0 with a multi-million-dollar investment that will pay for itself in just two years.
Now more than ever, policies and programs to promote sustainable energy resources will come from the state level.
As the federal government has retreated from aggressive support for renewable energy, the states are increasingly seen as the locus for innovation and action.
The little town of Sterling, MA is getting a lot of attention these days. Not only has the Sterling Municipal Light Department won awards for its new solar+storage microgrid, the town is getting visitors from Germany, Japan, Norway and many other countries.
Bringing the Benefits of Solar+Storage to Low-Income Communities: A Guide for States and Municipalities
The Clean Energy States Alliance (CESA) has published a new report to help state and municipal energy agencies support the development of solar+storage in LMI communities.
CESA’s annual RPS Summit included over 100 people with a wide range of interests and perspectives on RPSs for an invigorating and educational two days of presentations, panels, group discussions and networking.
Browse by Project
- 100% Clean Energy Collaborative
- Building Decarbonization and Clean Heating/Cooling
- Energy Storage Policy for States
- Energy Storage Technology Advancement Partnership
- Interstate Turbine Advisory Council
- New England Solar Cost-Reduction Partnership
- Offshore Wind – OWAP
- Renewable Portfolio Standards
- Scaling-Up Solar for Under-Resourced Communities
- Solar with Justice: Connecting States and Communities
- State Leadership in Clean Energy
- Sustainable Solar Education Project