Blog Archive - 2012
The seven programs chosen to receive this year’s State Leadership in Clean Energy (SLICE) Awards have developed innovative grid integration solutions, promoted the smart implementation of solar and wind energy technologies, helped grow small clean-tech businesses, and created new markets for biomass heating.
A new analysis shows that “aggregated procurement”—or purchases of large amounts of offshore wind energy by a buyers network—could substantially lower its costs.
For many types of renewable technologies and fuels, producing thermal energy is much more efficient than producing electricity. Yet the vast majority of state Renewable Portfolio Standards address renewable thermal technologies minimally, if at all.
As the country looks for new sources of clean energy finance while Congress remains paralyzed, we might have missed the most obvious funders that have been right under our noses for years.
New report written in partnership with CESA recommends key actions to ensure future emissions reduction targets are met.
In early 2012, the Long Island Solar Farm, located in Upton, NY on Long Island, was given the Renewable Energy World’s “Excellence in Renewable Energy – Reader’s Choice Award.”
The renewable portfolio standard (RPS) has become the most important policy mechanism for advancing renewable energy in the United States.
Last week, the Manhattan Institute issued a report that pretends to be a serious analysis of the impact of renewable energy on electricity prices.
2011 was a tough year for small wind incentive programs. Over the past 12 months, California, Oregon, New Jersey, Wisconsin, and Minnesota all experienced some kind of suspension or significant reduction of their incentives for wind turbines.
These are tough times for the dream of clean energy and green jobs.
Browse by Project
- IRA & BIL Implementation
- 100% Clean Energy Collaborative
- Building Decarbonization and Clean Heating/Cooling
- Energy Storage Policy for States
- Energy Storage Technology Advancement Partnership
- Interstate Turbine Advisory Council
- Low- and Moderate-Income Clean Energy
- New England Solar Cost-Reduction Partnership
- Offshore Wind
- Renewable Portfolio Standards
- Scaling-Up Solar for Under-Resourced Communities
- Solar with Justice: Connecting States and Communities
- State Energy Strategies Project
- State Leadership in Clean Energy
- Sustainable Solar Education Project