Blog Archive - 2016
The Many Benefits of Oregon’s Irrigation Modernization Initiative
Energy Trust of Oregon, working with the nonprofit Farmers Conservation Alliance, has developed a coordinated and comprehensive program to help irrigation districts and the farmers they serve to develop modern irrigation systems.
New Hampshire’s Groundbreaking Renewable Thermal Program
In 2012, New Hampshire became the first and only state to add a carve-out for renewable thermal technologies to its renewable portfolio standard (RPS).
Exploring the Benefits of Distributed Solar in Rhode Island
The Rhode Island Office of Energy Resources developed a pilot project to explore how distributed solar could provide value to Rhode Island’s electric grid.
NYSERDA Sailing Forward On Offshore Wind
The New York State Energy Research and Development Authority (NYSERDA) announcement that it will participate in the Bureau of Ocean Energy Management’s (BOEM) auction of the New York Wind Energy Area is an exciting and potentially significant opportunity for offshore wind development. NYSERDA’s announcement came shortly after BOEM announced that it would hold a competitive…
State Clean Energy Programs Honored for Efforts to Transform U.S. Markets
The Clean Energy States Alliance is pleased to announce the recipients of the 2016 State Leadership in Clean Energy Awards.
An Unexpected Renewable Energy Trend
Over the past three years, numerous news stories have highlighted efforts to roll back state renewable portfolio standards (RPSs), which require electricity suppliers to get an increasing share of their electricity from clean sources. However, most of the significant RPS actions that states have taken have been in the opposite direction.
States Support Clean Energy for Low-Income Residents
Clean energy innovations tend to follow a familiar arc. The newest best thing, whether that is rooftop solar, a Tesla PowerWall, or a Prius in the garage, is bought at a premium by first adopters.
- « Previous
Browse by Project
- 100% Clean Energy Collaborative
- Building Decarbonization and Clean Heating/Cooling
- Energy Storage Policy for States
- Energy Storage Technology Advancement Partnership
- Interstate Turbine Advisory Council
- Low- and Moderate-Income Clean Energy
- New England Solar Cost-Reduction Partnership
- Offshore Wind – OWAP
- Renewable Portfolio Standards
- Scaling-Up Solar for Under-Resourced Communities
- Solar with Justice: Connecting States and Communities
- State Energy Strategies Project
- State Leadership in Clean Energy
- Sustainable Solar Education Project